Sunday, November 14, 2010

Climbing Air

Hello fitness & nutrition lovers! It's review time!!! I've got a fitness product to share with you that may be new to some, old to others but definitely worth mentioning! Now those of you who know me or who have been reading this blog for awhile know that although I love to workout I'm not a gym rat. I've exercised in a gym 2 or 3 times, but all my weight loss has been accomplished from working out at home. I'm a self-professed "exercise video queen" so the majority of my at home workouts come from a variety of exercise videos (Turbo Jam, Leslie Sansone, and The FIRM just to name a few) but I also have a few pieces of workout equipment in my fitness arsenal as well and the product I am about to introduce to you is one of them. Quick question first, "Have you ever thought about how if would feel to climb air?" I'm sure you're sitting there after just reading that question and thinking "What?!? What is she talking about?" Well, the product that I'm about to discuss uses this very principle of "climbing air" in order to workout. This product is The Total Body AirClimber by Brenda DyGraf.




So What Is The AirClimber? And How Does It Work?

The AirClimber is a fun workout which allows you to get cardio, weight loss, and tighter abs & core while you step on air! The system uses air to eliminate impact while each step lifts and shapes toned legs. Only the AirClimber has Air Power Technology which actually helps you workout! With every step, air flows from pedal to pedal, inflating the bellows and eliminating jarring impact to your joints. This same air power also helps you workout by lifting your legs to keep you moving.


Along with the actual Airclimber, this total body system includes:

  • Resistance Cord
  • Easy Air Express DVD with four workouts which include: 20-minute "Easy Air Express" workout, 30-minute "Super 7 Pump" workout, 20-minute "AirTight Abs" workout and 20-minute "Platinum Burn & Firm"
  • The Eating Right Now meal plan
  • Jump Start meal plan
  • Owner's Manual & Training Guide

The AirClimber supports up to 300lbs and is fairly small, measuring  22"L x 19-1/4"W x 10"H, so it's perfect if you don't have a lot of space or live in an apartment.

To see exactly how the AirClimber works and preview the 4 workouts that are included, click here to see video!


My Review...

The Pros
Well, as stated above, it's small and that's a major plus for me. I live in an apartment and don't have much room for big exercise equipment. This can easily be taken from room to room without a problem. Which reminds me of another pro, it's portable. I love the fact that it comes with a resistance cord so you can work your arms and really get a total body workout. The 4 workouts are a big plus. And while I like the exercise workouts that come with the AirClimber system, another major pro is that you're not stuck with only working out from a DVD, you can do this workout while listening to music or even watching TV. Which leads me to another pro, it's fairly quite, so it's not something that would wake up the whole house or your neighbors when you decide to use it. The whole "climbing on air" concept really is pretty cool. I've worked out on regular steppers before and the difference is night and day. Regular steppers can have a big impact on your joints but I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with the AirClimber. It's light and easy, but can also provide a challenge. There are different levels you can set the system to from 1 to 5 with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the toughest and depending on your personal fitness level and the speed at which you're stepping, you can work up quite a sweat! It's totally possible to get that feeling of soreness the next day - letting you know that you've definitely worked your muscles in a way that you hadn't worked them before and slim, toned results will soon follow! :)

Overall I'm very pleased with this product. It's super easy but effective. I've had it for around 2 years with no problems at all. It's great when I feel like doing something different and low-impact.

The Cons
To be honest, I really only have 2 cons with this product but they're a matter of personal choice so I'm not sure if they could even be considered cons. I'm a high-impact, cardio loving type of girl and this machine, while it's great for toning it's most definitely low-impact. You're not going to burn a lot of calories doing this - especially if you're already in pretty good shape. My other con is that it can get kind of boring which is why it's not something I do everyday. I think as exercise equipment goes it's "fun" but I'm not a big exercise equipment fan period, for example, walking on a treadmill or working out on an eliptical is boring for me, so that's kind of a personal opinion con.


Would I recommend The AirClimber? Most definitely! It's a great piece of small exercise equipment if you're looking for something new and different. And one pro that I neglected to mention above is that it's cheap! I got mine for $99 and I just recently found it on QVC.com for $79! When it comes to exercise equipment that is super cheap! Plus, it lasts! I've heard some complaints of the air not lasting in the bellows but one warning that is stated in the owner's manual that I will also give you here now: always deflate the air while not using! I've always done this since the day 1 and have had absolutely no problems. So if you've got a little extra money and this sounds like something that you might be interested in, I say, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment