Monday, January 2, 2012

Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT! (In other words: "JUST DO IT!")


"It always seems impossible, until it is done." ~Nelson Mandela


Hey fitness peeps! It's the first post of 2012!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I've been blogging for almost 2 years! Can you believe it? I never thought I would be the type of person to write a blog, but here I am. It all started with a friend telling me that I should start one because she saw the enthusiasm I had about fitness & nutrition. I procrastinated for a long time, but finally I decided to give it a try. And now, dozens of people read Confessions of a Fit Girl and benefit from it. I benefit from writing it. I love sharing, motivating, and encouraging others! It's a win/win situation! But it never would have happened if I hadn't decided one day to go ahead, set the blog up and start writing. And that's my message for you in this first post of 2012: Don't talk about, BE ABOUT IT!

It's January 2nd, the start of a new year, don't let this be another year where you talk about doing something and never do it. Whether that be losing weight, eating healthier, starting a new hobby, going back to school, ... etc. I mean really, what are you waiting for? What's the hold up? Are you scared? Don't worry, that's normal. There's always going to be some level of fear involved in something that's going to change your life as you know it. And there's the cause of the fear right there, the whole "change" part. We, as humans, often fear the unknown, but there's no need to be afraid of change. I often think back to where I would be now if I hadn't decided 4 years ago to lose the weight. I was 229 lbs, a very unhealthy weight for a female who only stands 5ft.4 inches tall, having occasional heart palpitations, and unhappy with not only the way I looked, but I later found out, I was unhappy with who I was a person, too. Losing that weight changed my whole life! But not in a bad way, like we often think of when we think of change, but in an AWESOME way! Feeling better about myself on the outside, changed the way I felt about myself on the inside!And my life has never been the same!  

So I'm here to say to you today that no matter what you may have been procrastinating about in 2011, just do it in 2012! Don't wait! Don't put it off! You can do anything you put your mind to! Don't be afraid or doubt yourself any longer! Make a goal and stick to it, and whenever you have any kind of doubt, picture where you will be January 2nd, 2013 if you stick to that goal and where you will be if you quit. Your choice effects that picture drastically. In other words: "JUST DO IT!"

2 comments: