Friday, April 27, 2012

PORTION CONTROL: The Key To Successful Weight Management

Hey fit people! Long time no write! :) I bet you thought I was going to let the whole month of April go by without a single blog post, huh? WRONG! Well, I'll admit, it came pretty close, but I'm back! This month has been kinda' crazy with both me and my younger brother's birthdays, mine being on April 1st (yes, I'm April Fool's Day baby) and his on the 12th. I turned 30, he turned 27. Yes, I am officially in my thirties! Kinda' crazy when I think about it - especially considering the fact that there are people who look at me and think I'm still in high school! That's where all that exercising comes in! It keeps me young. :) I also have some awesome genes, too, so don't be fooled. :) But anyway, back to the subject... April has been one busy month!

So what's the subject of this long awaited post? I thought I'd touch on something that I know has been (and still continues to be) a struggle for me and most other people and that's PORTION CONTROL. I know, I know, you think you've heard it all before, right? But portion control really is the key to successfully losing and maintaining your weight. We always focus on the losing part, but what about after you've lost all the weight you want to lose and your happy with your body... now what? This can actually be the most scary part of  the journey. I've pretty much been able to maintain my weight loss but I have had my moments where I've gained back more pounds than I would like and have had to take measures to lose it again (in fact, this happened recently) and it's all been due to lack of proper portion control. What can I say? Food is good. Lol! It is! And it's hard to resist eating too much of it at times. Especially when we live in a society where the portions we're shown and served are more for 2 or 3 people instead of 1. We have to make the conscious decision to only eat as much as we should and not all that we are given and that can be hard. But honestly, if you get your portion control under control (with regular exercise) you can eat almost anything you want.


What is Portion Control?