Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DO MORE!

Hey fitness friends! How's it going? Last day of July! Can you believe it?!? Seems like we just started this year a few months ago but we're actually going on 8 months in! I'm starting to understand what my parents and other older adults meant when they told me that once you're out of school, the time flies by! Before you know it, you're 40 years old and you wake up one morning, thinking you're late for school, but haven't been in school for almost 20 years! Lol! Haven't gotten to that age or experienced that yet, but each year just seems to get faster and faster... I have no problem with that, though, because I truly believe you're as young as you feel. And the healthier you are, the better you feel, so believe me, I'm good! :)

Camp Do More 2012
My Team: The Dallas Cowboys
But anyway, getting to the subject of the matter... DO MORE! Now those two words have a couple of different meanings to me. The first thing that pops to my mind, since it was so recent, is Camp Do More, the 4 day event that Chalene Johnson (fitness instructor and the creator of Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, and more) holds every summer at The Hilton Hotel in Anaheim, California. I just got back last week and let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!! It's all about fun, fitness, self-empowerment, and meeting people who are just as crazy about health & fitness as you are! It's jam packed with exercise sessions, lectures, there's a fashion show, a dance party, and a team competition where each team creates & performs a Turbo routine. It's only around 2 minutes long and no one really wins, it's all for fun. The whole theme of the camp is to do more, hence the name. I came from it totally motivated and empowered to do more to make my life and the life of others better! One of the things stressed about this whole concept of "doing more" is that it's never all about you, it's about helping others as well.

So come on! Join the "do more" band wagon! Do more for others! Decide to help another person in need! Sometimes all it takes is being a friend or a shoulder to lean on. Do more for yourself! Set out to accomplish that dream that you pushed aside! I've come to decision that I'm going to go after my dream of having a full time fitness career and I'm starting that by becoming a certified personal trainer! :) I've contacted a couple of online organizations (ISSA and ACE to name a couple) and I've also signed up for a CPR class through my local Red Cross (a CPR certification is necessary in order to take the personal trainer certification exam). I know it will take time and a lot of hard work, but I'm making moves and determined to DO MORE! Will you do it? Will you do more? Hey, why not? You've only got one life to live, you might as well make it the best one possible! Sometimes we get stuck in our same day to day rut, we get bored, uninspired, unmotivated, and lazy. I know because I've been there. I think we've ALL been there from time to time, but we don't have to stay there. That never has to be the "norm". Fire yourself up! Take the time to really think about your goals and what you want out of life and make some decisions to DO MORE!

 

 Camp Do More 2012 Pictures...

The Dance Party:
Me, my friend, Wendy, and Chalene Johnson

Brian Tracy lecture - He was PHENOMENAL!

Right before the fashion show

The Dance Party:
Me and one of my team captains, Mindy Lawhorne

To see even more Camp Do More pics, please like the Succeed At Fitness Facebook page and check out the picture album titled "Camp Do More 2012".

4 comments:

  1. I see you got some pics with your idle. Chalene Johnson. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith! :) And thanks for supporting the blog! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. So glad that it did not disappoint, I know how you were looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete